Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Dacor oven #ERD48S24 and the oven temperature

Customer Question
lights are very dim. We...
I have a Dacor oven #ERD48S24 and the oven temperature lights are very dim. We were told by a service person that the entire panel should be replaced but that the panels are no longer made. The repair person said we had no options but to replace the entire oven.
I saw another reply on this sight for a different Dacor model that said to replace the clock and it would fix the problem. Would that work on my model and if so -what part number would I need?
Thank you.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

This is a common problem. The capacitors on the display control are bad and need to be replaced. The old board may be sent to the company at the link below and they can repair it for you!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Taking the control panel off (and by the way there were no instructions on how to do that) and sending it to a company that I have never heard of seems extreme.
THere was another reply on this site for Dacor ECS130SCH with the same problem. The technician answering that question stated that the clock could be replaced and it would solve the problem. He gave instructions on how to do that and the part number that should be ordered.Will this not work on my Dacor oven? If not - why not?

Sure, the clock can be replaced, if you can find one. They have been unavailable for a long time. The clocks for all these older Dacors (62964, 62681, 62680) are no longer available. I can surely provide you instructions for removing the clock, if you wish, but didn't do so initially since you already had a tech out, indicating that you were not going to do the work yourself. If you would like to pursue repair yourself, please let me know and I can provide those instructions.