Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Just decided to turn off self cleaning function. How can I…

Customer Question
Just decided to turn off...
Just decided to turn off self cleaning function. How can I do this? Keep getting F9 error
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your oven. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Would you happen to have the model number?

was on back of stove...not sure if this is model

If it is a range, pull out the drawer and look by the left or right leg. Also what is the brand?

Is drawer in back?? I'll try to get at it

If if is a range, there is often a storage drawer in the front. If not, look along the door frame - sometimes the model number is ***** What brand is the unit?

FGFB82DSA

That's it. Please give me a few moments to look this up.

The F9 means that your lock motor switches are improperly positioned. The microprocessor has found the lock motor switches to be out of sequence or shorted.

Remove the back of the Stove and look for your lock motor assembly. Check for anything broken or any loose wires. If everything is ok there. You could potentially have a bad switch on the lock motor assembly. Check for switches on the lock motor assembly that have become loose. Make sure they have all the little black buttons sticking out of them. If all ok, try turning the motor cam to reset the switch positions and then plug the range back in to see if that clears the error. If none of this works, replace the lock motor mechanism. The part number is###-##-#### You can get it on Amazon here: http://a.co/56ZjJsV

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Of course, be sure to unplug the range before removing the back.

do not have time today to do this....may need to wait until tomorrow
I'll let you know if I was able to do it then

The holidays of course, is not a good time to have oven issues!

Nope!! Luckily we are done with our cooking! Just decided to try the oven cleaning for the first time since we bought stove. Do you think it could be full of dust??
I'd guess we've had the stove at least 10 years
Regret pushing "clean" button
Already tried unplugging one time

I would say that the lock motor is out of sync. Usually rotating the can resolves issues like this. Well. the clear button is there for you to use. You shouldn't have to worry about something like that.

Push clear and it just continues to run for a few minutes then beep with F9 message.... Right now stove/oven is unplugged until I get this fixed!
Luckily I do not cook alot....
I just don't feel comfortable doing the technical part on back of stove right now... I may be able to do it but our family is getting ready to go somewhere soon

Most people don't. Once you unplug it and get back there and find the lock motor, you may be able to resolve it right away.

I printed off your instructions... I'll do it if I feel like I have the time. Do I need to remove entire back of stove or just lower part?

You can remove just the portion of the back that exposes the latch motor - which is about level with the lock in front. That may or may not necessitate removing the entire back in your case.

I realize I don't have time to try this now... I do appreciate everything you've told me... Can I try again when you will be available and that way you can get the credit for helping me?

I will be off and on throughout the weekend. You can rate me anytime - sooner is better.

ok

If I don't get a positive rating, I don't get paid for my time. I don't think the issue you have is that bad, and that you will be up and running soon. Christmas is looming.

Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello. Were you able to get to the latch motor and reset it or find any bad switches on it?

We still have not resolved door locking issue with stove. I have not yet tried to remove back of stove. I have stove unplugged. Gas is still connected and on going to stove. Guessing I'll need to shut off gas valve??
We have also had cable issues. Went to Lowes today to get advice on tools and stove repair.
They sell Frigidaire stove/ovens at Lowes so they were helping me take a look. Looks like wires are located at top of new stoves
Will try again but may need to work tomorrow