Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have Amana Refrigerator that is draining water from upper…

Customer Question
I have Amana Refrigerator...

I have Amana Refrigerator that is draining water from upper grille inside refrigator compartment, what would vause this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Amana model TL20NL

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
11/27/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

You have a blocked defrost drain. The easiest way to thaw it it to open the doors for 24 hours with it unplugged and allow it to naturally thaw. If you cannot be without a refrigerator for that long, the back panel from the freezer (inside) will need to be removed so you can thaw the drain manually. Let me know what you find.