Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Having problems getting my Kenmore 665.16463300 dishwasher

to wash. It will...
Having problems getting my Kenmore 665.16463300 dishwasher to wash. It will drain when the cancel/drain button is pushed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Probably 15 yrs old? Model is 665.16463300
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything was working fine until today when the garbage disposal clogged. The problem started after that. I've checked the dishwasher drain line for clogs and it's ok.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

What exactly does it do when you try to start a wash cycle?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I can pick any of the cycles (e.g. smart wash), the button lights up, then I press start and it just sits there. After a 30 second pause the cycle light goes out.

Does the light stay steady or flash?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
The cycle light stays steady until 30 seconds after I press start.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
ok

Press the following buttons within 5 seconds. Once all lights come on, allow 30 seconds then press cancel. See if it will then start a regular wash cycle. Let me know what happens, please.

HIGH TEMP--AIR DRY--HIGH TEMP--AIR DRY

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
high temp light does not light up. touching the buttons in succession produces no results other than air dry light coming on with the first touch and then going off at the last touch.

Perfect, thank you!

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ok. I'll give it a shot.

Sounds good, keep me posted of results! :)

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Tried the hair dryer process, but I'm still getting the same results I've been getting. : (

Okay, so the touch pad has issues. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Turn the breaker off (or unplug) for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. If no change, replace the control panel, available below.

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician
Rusty S
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician