Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge cafe double oven stove. Upper oven knob won’t turn. Upper…

Customer Question
Ge cafe double oven...

Ge cafe double oven stove. Upper oven knob won’t turn. Upper light stuck on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Less than a year old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Cgs990setts

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Power cycled stove twice. Still won’t turn

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the upper oven will not turn on there is a control issue in the unit, since it is under a warranty there is really not much you can do or you will void the warranty. On that unit there is no push button sequence to try either for a reset. I am sorry there is no easy fix today for it.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Thanksgiving!

Just checked and the oven is over a year old, so out of warranty.

So the control buttons are not working to start a cycle at all correct?

Just checked and the oven is over a year old, so out of warranty.Lower oven works fine. It's just that the upper oven knob cannot be turned, and the light above it is constantly on now. There are no control buttons for the upper oven. Just the one knob.
Lower oven works fine. It's just that the upper oven knob cannot be turned, and the light above it is constantly on now. There are no control buttons for the upper oven. Just the one knob.

If that knob does not turn the thermostat for that oven is likely broken. Here is a link to the part you will need to fix it if you can not get it to free up...CLICK HERE