Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a whirlpool gold oven and it's not heating up. Just…

Customer Question
We have a whirlpool...

We have a whirlpool gold oven and it's not heating up. Just used it this morning and it was fine. Burners on the stove work.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GW397LXUQ4

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just hoping it's something simple like a pilot light?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the ignitor glow at all? If not try broil does the ignitor glow?

should it be constantly glowing?

Yes when on it should

can you ignite the gas without the igniter?

No but you could remove the broil ignitor and install it for the bake ignitor they are the same...other than that there is no way to manually light it.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Thanksgiving!

it doesn't have a broiler
actually it does have a broiler and it works fine

Yes then the ignitor is burned out 100%

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi there,