Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Frigidaire ice maker not making ice help!!! Something like…

Customer Question
Frigidaire ice maker not...

Frigidaire ice maker not making ice help!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Something like this....ffhb2740pp

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have already thawed an ice block from the inside of the refrigerator

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the arm down on the icemaker and is there water in the icemaker mold?

This ice maker is different than most I've seen. Ice cubes are made behind the dispenser assembly. The dispenser assembly is like a corkscrew that moves the cubes forward to be dispensed. I've already thawed an ice spot from the inside. I don't know which of the 4 water supply lines to consider disconnecting.

Are you sure the fan behind it is running and the temps in the compartment are zero degrees?

Ok how long has it been on since you defrosted it?

The ice maker was working a week ago.
The water to the house was turned off due to the outside temperatures. The ice that was visible in the "cube" area has been thawed.
the refrigerator is currently unplugged and the water supply valve is off (due to the fact that I am trying to troubleshoot).

If the ice in the mold is water the temps are no good are you sure the evaporator behind the fan is not all frozen over?

I cannot see the ice mold due to the type of ice maker it is

Pull the icemaker out.

I cannot pull the entire ice maker out. I can only pull out the corkscrew drawer.

Here watch how to do it...CLICK HERE

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,