Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Thermador double oven and the panel shut off, I…

Hi Pearl, I have...

Hi Pearl, I have a Thermador double oven and the panel shut off, I checked the electrical breakers and they were not tripped. Strange thing is the oven light comes on when you touch the panel, and the convection seems to work, any ideas? is this a main PCB problem?

Contractor's Assistant: {} What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model C302U, approximately 15 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly, depending on what is involved

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's operational now in convection mode, but regular baking shut itself off

11/23/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Turn the breaker off for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when powered back up?

I reset the breakers but not for a full 5 minutes.... the convection options have allowed me to continue cooking

Did the bake come back, too, or just the convection? The 5 minutes is important to allow the board components to discharge.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician