Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Was cooking turkey and it smoked up the over, an alarm has…

Customer Question
Was cooking turkey and...

Was cooking turkey and it smoked up the over, an alarm has gone off and I cannot get it to stop. have tried the cancel

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 5 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Oven is still on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is about 10 years old, it is a gas range, electric oven not sure of model

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Turn the breaker off for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when powered back up?

The beeper went of and I can now turn the light on and off. Display says door is locked, must have gone into cleaning mode. If does not unlock I will get back with you. Thanks for your help.

Awesome, let me know if it hangs up again!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician