Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

For the second time in four years my dishwasher stop working…

Customer Question
Hi, For the second time in...
For the second time in four years my dishwasher stop working on thanksgiving I have a Whirlpool WDT790SAYW.
It started two days ago by going on by itself after dinner one night.It did it twice in a row and it stopped doing it once I left the door open.I disconnected it from the wall for a few minutes and it seems to be OK. I did a was the next day.Today, it would not start at all.I did all the resetting mentioned on the web and I heated up the controls.First The lights on the panel will go on and of, once I push the start button.Then nothing will happen.Then I closed the door and it started working without water.Then I was able to set my wash but once I push the start button the lights went off.What do you thing is the problem?Thanks.Bob
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Bob, try to reset it by pressin any 3 buttons on the console in order 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 within 8 secs...do not use Power Or Cancel...if done right all the lights will light up. Then press Cancel and try it.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!