Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We unplugged the fridge to fix the ice maker and when we…

Customer Question
We unplugged the fridge...

We unplugged the fridge to fix the ice maker and when we plugged it back in, the digital display is blank. The interior light is on.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Samsung, side by side, RS2555SL

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The refrigerator appears to be off. No fan or motor sound so the meat is going to spoil.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What did you do to the icemaker?

There's was a white plastic piece that came off the sensor. This has happened before and I unplugged the fridge before reattaching since is was a wire. Also the ice was jammed.

DId the thermister come off the sensor was the wiring exposed?

The wiring was exposed.
It hung down right over where the ice bucket sits.
Any ideas?

OH MAN no good....that thermister is powered and will wipe out the control if shorted. Get a new icemaker and see if that fixes it, doubtful but you will 99% need a new dispenser board, but even worse news is they do not make the board...EBAY may have one part #DA97-00409D

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Thanksgiving!

We are ok with the ice not working but will the fridge still stay cold?

It may stay cold if the programming is still in the maiin board too cool. Just make sure the compressr and fans are running.

They are not running. I cannot hear any sound. Is there something we can do, besides getting a new main board, to get the motor running? Or is motor running dependent upon the main board functioning?

The motor depends on the main board functioning, I would take your items out for today i is not going to cool. You can try to unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in, but other than that you need a new unit or board if you can locate one. You may need the rear main board on it as well. I am sorry for the news, try the unplug reset.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician