Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Viking dual fuel range--blue oven light blinking?? Set temp…

Customer Question
Viking dual fuel range--blue...

Viking dual fuel range--blue oven light blinking?? Set temp to 400 degrees. Doesn't seem to be that hot.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new last year. Model #VDSC54880SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I plan on COOKING THE TURKEY for 20 GUESTS!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. Just tell me what this means and how to get the oven to work.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Is the CYCLE or the CLEAN light flashing?
  2. How many flashes between pauses?
Oven light not clean light. Quick flashing that is continuous. No pauses.

That may reset with a power cycle. Turn the breaker off for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change when powered back up?

Don’t call me. Just give me possible reasons. Oven is dirty on bottom from apple pie leaks last night. Turkey is huge so sits only one inch from top of oven. Could either of these issues contribute to problem?

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those.

What do you mean ran? What is a breaker?

Ran? The breaker is the main power switch in the electrical box.....

Kelly, Appliance Technician