Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bosch built-in microwave digital display has suddenly gone…

Customer Question
Bosch built-in microwave digital...

Bosch built-in microwave digital display has suddenly gone very dim.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 3 years old and in combination with an oven. Model HMC80251UC

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if it's simple enough.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that's the only problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

This is a common issue on that unit. You need to replace the new display board assembly. The board is no longer available through part suppliers but they do have them listed on eBay see my link BELOW THIS POST... this will require a little bit of disassembly as you have to take apart the control console to get to the board to change it out. You do have to slide the unit out a bit to get the screws out to get the console off to change out that board. If you're not up to it a company can easily do this repair for you and it wouldn't be too bad of a job. Hopefully you have a Happy Thanksgiving if you have any other questions let me know!

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!