Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Dacor DMT2420 Microwave Oven. All of a sudden, the…

Customer Question
We have a Dacor...

We have a Dacor DMT2420 Microwave Oven. All of a sudden, the door won't open when you depress the one touch door open button. The power is on, and I can set the microwave with a power level and cooking, and it will start properly and run its cycle. However, when I try to open the door, it won't open. I've also turned off the power to the unit and turned it back on, and that doesn't help resolve the problem. When I depress the door open button, the light inside goes on briefly and then goes off. Please advise.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Dacor DMT2420. It has not done this before, and we purchased and installed the unit in 2008.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Preferably not since we have an extended warranty. However, if there is a simple solution, maybe I could try to fix it myself if I knew what to do. It seems like it is a mechanical issue, not electrical.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Try shutting the unit off by turning the power off for a minute and then turning it back on. If the unit still will not open you have an actuator problem inside the unit for with the control. This is not an easy fix and you will want to get a technician out since you do have warranty on the product. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and hopefully the reset fixes your problem.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you. Fortunately, we won't really need the unit over Thanksgiving.

WHEEEEEW!!!!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!