Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What does it mean when a red sign saying "water tap" comes…

Customer Question
What does it mean...

What does it mean when a red sign saying "water tap" comes on while the dishwasher is running and beeping?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

One moment, please...5HX68TL5UC/02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I just need to use my washer today for Thanksgiving dishes! Then I can get a repair person out to fix it. Any chance I can use it? We have not run a diagnostic, nor do I know how to do that.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Here is something else I found on the appliance: FD(###) ###-####It's a Silence Plus 44 dBA

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The water tap icon means either you have a water supply issue to the unit or you could have a flood condition under the unit in the flood basin. If the wtaer supply is on to the unit you would want to pull the unit out of the cabinet and get to the left side, check in the bottom of the unit by the motor for signs of water in the flood basin. If there is dry it all up and it should reset, but you still may have a leak from something on the unit. If there is no water under it in the flood basin then you likely have a fill valve issue. This may not be something you can fix today, but check it out and see. Lastly you can try to reset the unit by shutting power off to it for a full minute and power it back on.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!