Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Old Tappan oven ; oven heat control does not control

Customer Question
Old Tappan oven...

Old Tappan oven ; oven heat control does not control temperature

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Har techinaca in ; he says control is under oven switch

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No , I am not wise , 86 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where can we get heat control for 50 year old Tappan

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I have the model number of the oven, please?

I can't find a model number . It is a 1955 built in ; I expect they only had one model

Unfortunately, there are many, many models from that era. It is not likely to be available anymore if it is that old. So, we can look at replacement thermostats.

1. Is the oven electric?
  2. Does the thermostat have a broil setting on it?
I signed up for A $5.00 free trial ; already its showing a $ 32.00 cost . That bothers me .
The stove is electric and it has a broiler setting .
If this is going to increase the bill beyond the $ 5.00 free trial stop .
I am disappointed . It says 100 % sastifaction .

You did not understand the charges, no worries. The charges are thoroughly explained as you go through the posting process. You must have clicked off one of the explanation windows without reading it. It can be confusing if you miss one of the steps. Take care.