Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The lighter is very temperamental, sometimes it works and…

Customer Question
The lighter is very temperamental...
The lighter is very temperamental , sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. What should I do?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
11/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Thaw range lighter is very temperamental, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t

now are you referring to the ignitor?

I already paid 120 ₪, never got a reply, and now u want me to pay 103₪ For a phone call?

Are you not seeing my replies? I did not send a request for the phone call that is from the site please disregard it. I am not available for a phone call at the moment.

the problem is with the igniter.
I cannot see your response

I apologize I am not sure why your having trouble seeing my response. If the ignitor is wanting to light intermittently, it could mean the ignitor is going bad or the flame sensor is dirty. What is the model number of your appliance your having this trouble with?

It’s an Italian made Ftatelli, 5 flames. I cannot find the model #

so I would honestly say the ignitor is going bad and is going to need to be replaced. Without a model number I can not walk you through this or suggest the part to replace it. Do you intend on doing this job yourself or having someone come out to fix it?

I was hoping to do it myself. Your answer doesn’t really help me

I will open this up to other experts who may be able to assist you without a model number. You will receive an email once someone new takes over the question.