Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a brand new Whirlpool washer and dryer. I bought them…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a brand new Whirlpool washer and dryer. I bought them about 1 month ago. The washer is stuck in SPIN mode with the GREEN light on and the RED light is on stating LOCKED. It won't spin or drain the water that is in the washer. I've attempted to reset it but nothing happens. Unplugged and replugged, and it just goes back to the same setting. Any idea on what the problem could be? I took all of the clothes out of the washer so now it's just water in there.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model# ***** almost 2 months old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, I need to know what the problem is

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The pump is likely jammed on the unit, suck the water out with a shop vac through the drain hose end. Once all the water is sucked out of the unit tip the unit up and remove the pump. Once the pump is out check it fro blockages that is the likely issue causing this problem.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.