Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am installing a whirlpool above range microwave model

I am installing a...

I am installing a whirlpool above range microwave model umv1160cs. One of the first steps involves rotating the blower. I can’t get the blower motor to raise up so I can turn it. Any advice will be appreciated.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it today. This is initial install. Model # is umv1160cs.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I am working on it now.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that’s it. The blower motor is supposed to lift up so I can rotate it. It will not budge even after I have removed the appropriate screws.

11/23/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

It is likely just stuck check my link and if all screws are out wiggle and pull it out.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician