Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE CEB15995J155 microwave. The fan (or the

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE CEB15995J155 microwave. The fan (or the microwave, can't tell which) do not turn off when the cycle stops or door is opened.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's brand new - purchased in October 2017. Model # is CEB15995J1SS, Serial # HH202945A

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know what work is involved - this is a brand new appliance still under warranty.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Please let me know if this is normal or if it's safe to use the appliance in its current condition, and if I should call for warranty service

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If it works you can still use it in that condition, but it may not heat. The lower door switch is bad and likely the cause of the issue, but if it still works when the door is closed you will be good to go until you can get warranty out!...Happy Thanksgiving.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.