Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE gas oven takes forever to preheat now. What can be…

Customer Question
Good evening. My GE...

Good evening. My GE gas oven takes forever to preheat now. What can be causing that ?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

An hour at times and the model number JGSP28

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sure

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The igniter below the oven floor becomes weak and does not open the valve as quickly and completely as it should. This is very common. If you replace the bake igniter, you will once again enjoy speedy ignition and heating! Access is gained by removing the oven floor. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!