Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How to fill ice tray in a Kenmore ice maker?

To make the unit fill if you want to test it:

• Remove the front cover of the ice maker, that is the square white cover. It just pops off. 
  • Once that is off, you will see holes around the motor gear marked V, L, T, H. 
  • Get a jumper wire with the ends stripped and put the jumper in L & V. 
  • The fill valve should energize and fill as long as the jumper is in, so do not leave it in too long or it will overflow. 
  • If it does fill, you can put the jumper in T & H and the gear should rotate. 
  • If it does not rotate, the ice maker motor is shot and you should change it out as it will not make ice.
Read full interaction below »

How do I fill an ice tray? The serial number is ***** hrs1001472 model(###) ###-#### I plan to do this myself. The ice tray was cracked which I have since repaired.

11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

To make the unit fill if you want to test it, remove the front cover of the ice maker, that is the square white cover. It just pops off. Once that is off, you will see holes around the motor gear marked V, L, T, H. Get a jumper wire with the ends stripped and put the jumper in L & V. The fill valve should energize and fill as long as the jumper is in, so do not leave it in too long or it will overflow. If it does fill, you can put the jumper in T & H and the gear should rotate. If it does not rotate, the ice maker motor is shot and you should change it out as it will not make ice.

Can you give more details? Is the white square that you said to pop off located on the ice tray itself? It does not pop off. First I
Removed the ice bin the only square white visible is the front of the ice
Tray. It does. Not want to. One off. Help

The front white square cover it pops off for sure to expose this....CLICK HERE