Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We own a Maytag Gemini gas stove. I got the stovetop very…

Customer Question
Hello! We own...

Hello! We own a Maytag Gemini gas stove. I got the stovetop very wet while cleaning and the igniters started sparking and then stopped, but I noticed the control panel was not on. Now, the igniters won't work to light at all but I hear the gas working. The control panel has no power either. We've turned the breaker off and back on....we've turned the whole house power off and on and it still won't work. We're panicking-as we need to be cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We know it's at least 13 years old. It is a Maytag Gemini double oven

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes-we think it is a quick fix problem, we just think we may have "tripped" something accidentally

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the complete modeloff the tag on the unit it is on a tag that flips up on the back edge of the console.

John, Home Appliance Technician