Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a zanussi lindo 300 dryer, model no ZD8202P. When the…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a zanussi...
Hi, I have a zanussi lindo 300 dryer, model no ZD8202P. When the start button is pressed it often flashes red and will not start. I have already received advice from an expert who advised me to check the push button frame to check if it is wearing out but it did not appear that it was a problem. He then advised me that it could only then be the control board. I eventually managed to source one from zanussi and replace it. That appeared at first to have sorted the problem but after a couple of days i was back to where i started having spent 75.00 euro on a control board.
The button works occasionally (most often not) and can also stop mid cycle which i did'nt notice before i replaced the control board. I may be wrong but i would imagine if the cycle starts, then the push button frame obviously is working and the control panel has done its job in starting the cycle, but the fact that it then can go to flashing red and stop working means that the problem must be some where else ????, if the control panels only job is to start the cycle ????, any suggestions, thanks Kieran
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 12 days by:
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

It sounds to me like the door switch that monitors the position of the door may be failing. Have you tested that switch?

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. not sure how i can test that switch ??. What has been happening in the last few weeks is that when the red light comes on and it wont start, i have been plugging it out , taking the top off and pushing the connection back into the panel board that i replaced. This seems to temporarily fix the problem which might suggest a loose wire but the connection seems fine and there is nothing obviously too loose either. How can i check the door switch ?, thanks Kieran

That would be indicative of a connections issue, I agree. Is that connector right on the PC board where it may have a bad solder joint?

Its a new board ( i switched it on recommendation of the last experts advice)and obviously had the same problem with the old board. Since my last email, it has stopped again and this time, messing around with the connections dont seem to make any difference. Its intermittent, sometimes wont start at all, just flashes straight to red and other times it will start and changes to a flashing red light after a 5 to 10 minutes into the cycle ??. If it were a loose wire, should it keep going once the initial contact was made and the cycle started ?, what would make it stop and start flashing red mid cycle, i'm confused, thanks

That is pretty odd. If you press in on the door, will it start?

Pressed on the door and made no difference. I opened and closed the door, pressed on the door, turned off and on again,pressed the door, made no difference. It came on for a while today but turned off mid cycle, with red button coming on before i did anything to the door but manipulation of the door dosent appear to have any effect ???, thanks, ***** ***** suggestions

I am out of ideas since the control is new and all wiring appears to be intact. I will see if anyone else may have some input that may be helpful.

Thanks, ***** ***** that
Hi, by the way and i'm not sure if relevant but when it stopped working yesterday, i tried it over and over with no success but when i tried this morning it started (but only stayed on for about 5 minutes and went back to flashing red light again). For what ever reason it seems to do that, if left off without trying it overnight it tends to come on when first tried in the morning before it turns itself off again ???