Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY KEY PAD ON MY WHIRLPOOL STOVE DO NOT WORK SO THEREFORE I…

Customer Question
MY KEY PAD ON...

MY KEY PAD ON MY WHIRLPOOL STOVE DO NOT WORK SO THEREFORE I CAN NOT TURN MY OVEN ON WHAT DO I DO

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 YEARS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES THE OVEN LIGHT IS ON AND WANT GO OFF UNLESS I UNPLUGE THE STOVE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO THAT IS IT JUST THE KEY PADS IS NOT LITE UP

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unfortunately that means the board has failed on the unit, there is no fuse or anything that would keep it from coming on so if the unit has power to it which it does if the oven light is on then the main board has failed. If you give me your model number I can give you the replacement part number for the board. Thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.