Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool. Oven. Goes to "locked" and F3 on ctl board. No…

Customer Question
Whirlpool. Oven . Goes...

Whirlpool. Oven . Goes to "locked" and F3 on ctl board. No "cancel" on this model. Flipped breaker. Waited, ten flipped it back. Oven went 8888 on left side then f3 and locked again

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 years just says Whirlpool Gold

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your oven . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Please give me the model number of the oven. Thank you.

Don't have it

Ok, one moment.

Ok. an F3 means that you have a bad sensor. If this is a range, you need to pull it out and access the sensor plug in the back and then unscrew it from inside the oven. If this is a built in unit, you can unscrew the sensor from the inside and pull the wire through and unplug/replace from there. Without a model number, you will need to bring the sensor to a local parts supply store to match it up.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.