Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Microwave that just start

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a GE Microwave that just start sparking/arcing...coming from behind some metal plate on the inside/side of the microwave...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #PEB7226SF1SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I think we've only had it a little over a year. On the tag it says it was manufactured in August 2015

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope...that's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

That plate is the wave guide cover.

That is not good it means your going to need to buy a new unit .

if the wave guide is arcing that means the magetron tube is shorting out and creating the sparking and you can not replace the wave guide that is part of the microwave body

I know this is not what you wanted to hear but the part that would need to replaced is not a replaceable part. .

You could try contacting GE and see if they would assist you but I doubt it.

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.