Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I replace the wave guide cover in a microwave. Dacor…

Customer Question
How do I replace...

How do I replace the wave guide cover in a microwave

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Dacor Model # DMT24205S 9 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It fell off and when we tried to put it back in, it bent

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

The wave guide cover just slots into place on there.

But if its bent or broken then you need to replace it. When you get it just slightly bend it a bit and it will slot into place. When its new it wont break easy when you bend it out so dont worry about that. Just dont bend it too much though.

Click here for the part

Daniel I have the part in hand. It is very irregularly shaped. How do I position it to slide it in?

The side that looks more stright slots into the cabinet first then bend it out slightly and you should be able to slot it into place from there.