Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Tried to clean oven, got and E1 F5 error message. Now we…

Customer Question
Tried to clean oven...

Tried to clean oven, got and E1 F5 error message. Now we can't even get the oven to work normal without the error message coming on and shutting down the oven

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

2001 super BA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know can we just clear the error message for now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not now we just want to be able to cook for tomorrow. we will need a servicecall later

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I need to know what model and manufacture your question is on before I can call you!!

KEBC277 Kitchen aid

ok that is NOT a full model number only about 1/2 of a full number.

That number brings up @! different models .I would like to narrow it down.

A

open the oven door the model /serial number is ***** the inner face frame. normally on the right hand side.

KEBC277?SSO5. Can’t see what that ? Is. Can’t even tell letter or number. Serial no. Is XT2912016

ok Great the number will be KEBC277KSS05

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

ok That error code of F5-E1 means Self-clean latch will not lock/unlock..

At the top of the oven liner you will see a plunger and the door lock latch hook .

Let`s press in on the plunger that is to the left of the hook and set the oven to clean ,the press start , and let it set for 30 seconds then press cancel to stop clean and then we will see if it moves the latch arm and then if you can then program and start a Bake mode or not

if this does not work I`m sorry to say you will not have a working oven for Thanksgiving .

And you will need to have the door latch /lock assembly replaced.

I can give you parts info if we need it .

On the key pad or inside the door?
I️ see the door latch but no plunger.

just the the left of the door latch hook should be a small silver plunger rod about 1/8 th inch diameter

just like as in this part break down the latch assembly is item # 22

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/0/00091302/680/900

Not here. Both my wife have looked. Looks like we have to have it serviced. Thanks for your help
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago

if it is not there then it has to have been broken off some how!

And in that case YES you will need to call for service to have he door latch removed and replaced.

And glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.