Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a kitchen aid refrigerator model # KFCS22EVMS6 that…

Customer Question
HI we have a...

HI we have a kitchen aid refrigerator model # KFCS22EVMS6 that was repaired yesterday by an incompetent tech guy. He left us with an ice maker that does not work at all 24 hours after he was here. The handle does stay in the down position when you close the freezer - the bin lifts the arm part way up and shuts off the ice making process.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

[email protected]@EVMS6 about 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry KFCS22EVMS6

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We can force the arm down by outting a long ruler when the door is apartially shut and it will make ice.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The ice storage container should not even touch the icemaker on /off arm .

Is the shelf in place correctly that or did they put the icemaker back in correctly?

or is there something behind the ice storage container not allowing it to go all the way back ?

don't think so it goes back but lifts the arm
no desire to talk

ok again id the icemaker and the ice container are installed correctly the arm should not come in to contact with the storage container at all

and if the arm is down but raises up when you close the door it sounds as if something is moving either the ice maker or the storge container when you close the door.

If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

Is there something we can do?

well first your going to need to find out what is causing the ice container to move when you close the freezer door

can i check in 5 minutes?

wiyh the freezer door open and the storage container setting on the shelf , where does the on/ off arm set in regards ***** ***** front and the back of the container?

can i tell you in 5 minutes?

ok

I could call you in 5-10 minutes, but let me tell you the answer to your question about position. Will you be there in 5-10 minutes?

Your not able to call me, I can send you a phone call offer if you would like

ok going down to look at position be back in 2 mins

ok no problem!

when the door is closed the metal arm is in the middle when the door is open it stays in the middle. Clearly the things was put in incorrectly??

ok if the arm is in the middle from front to back of the storage container how is the storage container hitting the arm then ?

when the container slides back when you close the fridge door
When you pull it forward to get the ice it knocks it up

well yes it will move the arm up as you pull the storage container forward.

but as you push the container back in place the arm should go right back down also .

Is it not doing this?

And did this service person replace the icemaker? or just look at it.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?