Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a 20-year-old Bosch dishwasher that has been running…

We have a 20-year-old...

We have a 20-year-old Bosch dishwasher that has been running great. Lately, it has intermittent problems such as being stuck in the rinse cycle while continuing to run. Other times, it won't start at all without resetting the circuit breaker.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bosch SMU and 7052UC/14 SN7610300078 installed 7/11/97.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

11/22/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That was a very common issue, the main controller is bad in the console. The programming chip on the board would go bad and start to not count properly for the cycles. The issue is they do not make the part any longer so there is no way to fix that issue. I am sorry for the bad news I would start looking for a new unit.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Understood. Thanks anyway.

Sorry for the bad news I checked on Ebay for one for you, but no luck!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thanks for checking. We decided to buy a new one, but I'd much rather repair an old one because nobody makes appliances that are built to last anymore.