Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My water filter was at 0, the call service light was on and…

Customer Question
My water filter was...

My water filter was at 0, the call service light was on and there was a beeping. I replaced the water filter, pushed the reset button and it now reads 99 but there is still beepig

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

KitchenAid Superba KSSP36QKS01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I already did

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just want to know how to stop the beeping and turn off the call service light

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Does the unit seem to be cooling properly ?

And did you have the door open for more the 5 minutes?

the unit is cooling properly. I did have the door open for more than 5 minutes while I was changing the filter. But when I closed the door the beeping resumed and the call service light is still on

ok the beeping has nothing to do with you replacing or resetting the filter .

If you remove the upper grill ,there is a door light switch the door light switch may have become dislodged and when the door is actually closed it is not telling the electronic control board that the door is in fact closed.

Do you mean the upper grill above the fridge/freezer? I need more explanation since the call service light is still on. The fridge is at 36 degrees and the freezer 0 degrees

Yes the upper grill on top of the unit!!

I did it!

ok not sure what you mean by I did it ?

Do you fix the issue or just look at the door switch .

I need more explanation .

I fixed the issue with the door switch. I removed the upper grill and flipped the switch. No more beeping no more call service light and now a replaced water filter too! Yay!

ok great the can move around just enough to tell the electronic control that the door is not closed when it is ,

If it happens again now you know how to fix it !!

Good job!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.