Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE PGSS5RKZSS and the display is completely blank…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE PGSS5RKZSS and the display is completely blank and not working any more

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GE Profile about 4 years ol

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Trying to find details on how to reset the display. The inside lights are not working yet is cooling and freezing correctly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unplug the refrigerator for 10 minutes then plug it back in if the board does not power back up after that then the circuit in the main board that supplies voltage to the display board has failed and it will need to be replaced.

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: WR55X11077 - click here for part info at sears

Here is a video showing how to replace the board, I know the unit in the video is not your model but the GE models all use the same board so the replacement procedure is identical to yours.

click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.