Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We just got a new microwave yesterday and it does not work.

Customer Question
Hello, we just...

Hello, we just got a new microwave yesterday and it does not work. It runs and is very loud but it does not heat the food?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is Samsung model # ME16H702SES. We just got it yesterday so it is brand new.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It was installed yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is brand new. Was installed yesterday. It is very loud which does not seem normal. It does not heat food or drinks at all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Dino, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Dino
Dino, Customer Service

Hi

If its making a loud noise and not heating then its either the magnetron or the transformer that's faulty as because its not working the magnetron is vibrating which is causing the noise.

As its brand new the best thing to do is just return for an exchange and get another one as you don't really want to be fixing a new microwave.

But if you do then the magnetron will need to be replaced to cure this im afraid.

Regards