Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model#gtwn4250dws fills to top and won't agitate. Had

Customer Question
Model#gtwn4250dws fills to top...

Model#gtwn4250dws fills to top and won't agitate

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Had leaking triple valve and replaced stil doing it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes mam

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Tra

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

What happens when it finishes filling? does it just sit there?

shutsdown 3 lights flash clcking sound down low

Which lights are flashing when it stops? If you have a putty knife or other flat object, push it in between the top and front panel in line with the left and right side of the lid to disengage the front panel. Once that is off start the cycle and wait until it fills up and goes to do its thing, and then towards the bottom where the motor is there should be a light flashing on the side of the motor, it will either be steady ever half second or second or it will blink a number of times then shut off for a bit, see which of these it is doing.

steady blinking red light on motor

Alright and which lights on the console are flashing?

fill,soak and wash
had leaking triple valve prior and changed
problem started during
heard leak and shut water off between loads then it started

Alright give me one second while I look up those lights and see what we've got going on

all righty

Alright the first thing I want you to try is resetting the motor, with it only flashing normally I don't think that will be the issue but we will try it first any way. To do this, unplug the washer for one minute, then plug it back in and lift and lower the lid 6 times within 10 seconds. You have to lift it up at least two inches to disengage it from the magnetic lid switch. That should reset it and then start the cycle again and see if that does anything for it.

to put the unit into diagnostic model. If that still doesn't take care of the issue then watch the video HERE to put the unit into diagnostic mode and see which of the error codes are activated. GE does not list in their service manual which code it means for those lights unfortunately.