Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Amana AGDS902SS range. It says "natural gas only"

Customer Question
Thanks. I have...

Thanks. I have a Amana AGDS902SS range. It says "natural gas only" on the manual and also the stove. Might I be able to find a professional that will undertake to convert to propane. I've been watching utube and know such people exist.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Was given to me by my neighbor. I don't know the age. Not new, by any means.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope to play with it today, but I'm not too hopeful. I'm hoping to find someone with experience. I'm not dumb, but know that some parts have to be fabricated.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, if you can't help me, perhaps you know someone who can. I live near Waco, TX, and Dallas/Ft. worth is a reasonable drive.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Sure their are folks that will and can remove the orifices seal them and then re-drill them to the proper setting for L/P gas .

The best place to start is your nearest L/P gas company .

And I would not know of any one in TEXAS , I live in Michigan .

This is no help at all. I started with the LPG company who installed the propane, and they showed little interest in finding someone to convert the stove. I'll call them again to see if they recommend someone, but I would have done that anyhow. I was hoping for more.

the reason it is hard to find some one to do this type of thing is the concern of law suites if something was to happen.

I'll pay $5 only. That is more than this advice is worth. Please do not charge me more that $5.

I as the expert do not charge you at all that is all done thru the web site .I never get to see your personal or billing info .

Master Tech
Master Tech