Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

On Maytag wall oven CWE 5800 ACE, attempt was made to open…

Customer Question
On Maytag wall oven...

On Maytag wall oven CWE 5800 ACE, attempt was made to open door before self-cleaning cycle was completed. It appears locking door opening mechanism is stuck closed. Help, turkey day is almost here. Wife is bonkers.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

CWE 5800 ace

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know how old. Guess is more than 10, maybe 20 years. It's a double wall oven.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
I hope you can tell me how to do the work alone. Getting a serviceman out the day before Thanksgiving may be difficult. I have left a message for one who has done work for me in the past. Who knows if he will call back.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/23/2017
Appliance Technician: Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

hello , first thing to try is turn the breaker off for a few minutes and see if it resets ..if that doesnt work open the door and push in the door switch and keep it pushed in the whole time , start a self clean and if the latch moves wait for the cycle to start for 30 secs then press cancel , all the while holding the door swith in ,see if the latch revers to cancel and unlocks then let go of switch , let me know how that goes ,thx Randy