Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My power won't come back on after turning off the breaker to…

Customer Question
My power won't come...

My power won't come back on after turning off the breaker to have a new dishwasher installed....any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

It's a Frigidaire and I have already run 2 loads with no issues.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Where asre you testing the voltage at to be able to say you have no power out of the circuit breaker?

At the plug....haven't used any sort of voltage tester.

ok if you did not use any type of a tester ,how do you know there is no voltage there?

Just tried to use the plug.

Ok I`m guessing you mean you tried something else in the outlet other then the dishwasher!!

If that is the case then I would try resetting the breaker by turning it off and back on , if you still do not get voltage to the outlet I would have to assume that the breaker needs to be replaced.

Actually, the dishwasher is fine, it is the other sockets that are on the same breaker that aren't working, sorry, wasn't clear.
we tried resetting the breaker more than once.

Yes I know the dishwasher is fine .

And the dishwasher should be on its own circuit breaker ,with NOTHING else.

As for the duplex outlet , if it is under the sink one outlet socket is normally wired to the Circuit breaker for the dishwasher and the second outlet socket is wired for a garbage disposal and that is controlled by a switch near the kitchen sink .

So do you have a light switch near the sink that does not turn a light on ?

Do not have a garbage disposal, and thus, no switch...the plugs are just normal electric sockets used for small appliances, etc.

it does not matter if you have a disposal or not that is the way it is wired .

And yes the outlet will look just like any other outlet , it has a small metal bridge between the two socket and for this type of a set up that bridge has been removed.

if one socket has voltage and the second does not the outlet is either wired as I have described or that outlet is bad and it will need to be replaced.

There are 3 outlets (with 2 sockets in each) that don't work---the entire outlet is without power....all of which were fine before turning off the breaker. Is it possible to blow 3 outlets at once from a breaker being turned off?

ok then if it is more then one outlet (which this is the first time you have added that information) then you have a household electrical issue . not a dishwasher issue .

And you will need to contact an electrician for a in home service call .

You could have a loose connection with in the walls or at one of the outlet in that circuit .

Thank you for your time.

no problem ,glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech
Master Tech