Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to remove the washer lid switch. ModelLTE5243DQ4 13…

Customer Question
I need to remove...

I need to remove the washer lid switch

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

ModelLTE5243DQ4 13 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Washer agitates but stops the cycle no rinse or spin I messed up the lid switch

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

to gain access to the washer lid switch you will need to remove the slanted panel between the dryer and above the washer.

Then on the rear of the washer top you will see a clip one one each side with a flat bladed screw driver pope the clips off then with the lid open a bit grab under the lid where you would put the clothes and grab the cabinet and tilt it toward you and lift it up at an angle, you will need to reach under the washer lid and disconnect the lid switch harness and then you can finish pulling the washer cabinet off the unit and set it on the floor , then go around to the back (open side) of the washer cabinet and you will have access to the lid switch assembly.

If you have any questions just reply back to me.

How do I reinstall the lid hinges?
I can’t get to the back of the washing machine

the actual lid switch is held in place by two screws remove the screws , remove the old switch install the new switch and reinstall the two screws, then you will need to route the lid switch harness to the lid switch harness connector ,and the just reinstall the cabinet in reveres as directed previously

The hinges are loose. The fell out of the lid. They may have been screwed to the washer base at one time.

yes you should have two screws in each hinge .

do you need those screws part numbers , they may be on the bottom base or the floor under the unit.

Only one screw hole per hinge.
Each hinge has two very small tabs on the leg with no screw hole. The leg of the hinge with the tabs has a grove across the leg from side to side.

I`m showing each hinge has two screws and I have NEVER seen a Whirlpool washer with just one screw on the hinges.

Here is the parts break down it also shows two screws per hinge. item # 4 are the screws and the hinges are item #3 .

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/0/00141868/680/900

Could you be talking about something else?

we are taking about two didderent hinges. I am referring to item 6, the machine top cover. I can’t figure out how to fit them into the slot on the back of the machine top.

ok so your talking about the washer top clips not the lid hinges.

Remove the screw and then insert the clip in the back of the top at a 90 degree angle from their installed (screwed in place position ) then lower the clip the washer back cabinet and reinsert the screw securing it in place .

I joined the two electrodes in the switch to make contact. We now
Temporarily? Until we can get a new lid switch. Where can I get one?

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thank you very much for your help!

Oh no problem ,glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me

Have a Happy And Safe Thanksgiving!

Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.