Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My friend pushed cleaning by mistake. We are trying to cook…

Customer Question
My friend pushed cleaning...

My friend pushed cleaning by mistake. We are trying to cook a turkey and when I press bake, it says loc. I hit cancel but it still says loc.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just a few minutes. I need the word loc to disappear

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that. Please help

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your oven . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

If the oven door is locked and will not open or LOC appears on your display - and the oven is cold try the following things to reset it. Note the oven needs to be cold or the thermostat will not open it after a self clean cycle right away. Often a part on the latch circuit can fail due to the high temps in self clean so you may need a part to fix this but try these things first.

First try to start a new self clean for about 30 secs and cancel it, often that will trigger the door latch to restart and reopen. If that does not reset the oven you can cut power to the unit for a full minute and power it back up and see if that does it. If that does not work on some units you can remove the back and the latch motor is there with a lock rod going to a small hook by the door. Those style units you can remove the rod and move it manually to open the door. If you do not have that style unit you need to get something flexible like a stiff piece of plastic or metal and slide it in between the door and frame and slide it sideways to hit the latch hook and press it to the left or right and open the door that way manually. Most latch hooks you will slide the piece from right to left pressing the latch hook left to release it. If none of these things work, your lock mechanism may be bad and may need to be replaced.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Sorry. I am not in a location to where I can make a call right now. Please try the steps above. This may very well solve your issue.