Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What does the F72 code mean on a GE Profile model

Customer Question
What does the F72...

What does the F72 code mean on a GE Profile model PGB911SEJSS stove

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased 8/23/16 model pgb930sejss

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how detrailed it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It just started today and the breaker is off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model.

Per the GE Technical data sheet this model does not have an F72 error code .

And I have never heard of an F72 on a GE range .

Are you 100% sure it was a F72 ?

positive. Just double checked it, and it also beeps.

have you tried to REBOOT the electronic control board yet?

If not let`s unplug the unit or turn the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes ,then power it back on and see if this =issue remains or not!

I already did that twice, once was overnight

ok so if the REBOOT did not fix the issue and this error code is a false error code. you have a issue with the electronic control board ,and it will need to be replaced.

I have looked up the model number in a parts break down and the model number you have given of PGB911SEJSS

does not even have an electronic control board to be able to display a control board .

Did you get this number RIGHT OFF the unit in question?

I found it the GE parts break down is wrong !!!

give me a few minutes to look closer at this information That GE had on their site.

ok It appears that the GE site is incorrect it does not even show the electronic control /clock in the parts break down .It shows a solid panel where the clock is .

I had to Go to a Sears web site to find the correct parts break down.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

here is what GE shows item #105 as just a solid panel across the rear or the unit .

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/4/00151500/00151559.i02/680/900

but I did find it , And I will let GE know of the issue also .

Did I loose You?