Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Removed thermo fuse, oven wont heat after cleaning. noticed…

Customer Question
Removed thermo fuse, oven...

Removed thermo fuse, oven wont heat after cleaning. noticed part that looked burned. tried to remove part but the long rod attached to the part came off. cant see where it connects.... help!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a free standing range GFE46ILVT Whirlpool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cleaned the oven yesterday and it would not heat after that. all the buttons work and the lights came on ...just wouldn't heat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
noticed small canister looking thing on the left side of the back of range that looked burned. It had a rod attached, which I unhooked and now I can't see where the other end of the rod goes so I can't put it back on.
I was planning to go get the thermo fuse replacement and see if that fixes the oven. Now I don't know what to do about reconnecting the rod part
Can you tell me how to reconnect it?
Range is only about 6 years old
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The thermal fuse on this model will ONLY effect the Broil and Convection heating elements operation it does not have any effect on the Bake cycle .

The long rod attaches to the self clean latch assembly in the rear of the unit ,and the door latch in the front of the oven .

This parts break down may help you find where the rod attaches.

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/16/00000034/680/900

The rod is item #5 the self clean latch it item #6

As for the oven not heating have you tested for voltage to either the Bake or Broil heating elements?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?