Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was just working with an appliance guru for our Amana

Customer Question
freezer leak and did not...
I was just working with an appliance guru for our Amana freezer leak and did not respond back after I asked a question based on his answer.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I just need to know how to turn off the water line to the freezer so that I can deal with this in the morning. I don't want to have to turn off the entire water line to the house.
I cannot pull out the unit because of its location in the basement.

OK the water line shut off should be in the basement, there should be a saddle valve that looks like this....CLICK HERE

is it possible that it is behind the unit? I'm not seeing it. we have the valve for the whole house in the closet next to the unit. a copper wire goes behind the unit

It could be behind it, but got to the basement and find where the back of the refrigerator is and see if you can find the copper line and follow it to the valve.

that's the problem is that I would have to pull out the unit to get to the back. can't do that.

Most times they are not behind the unit especially if it is copper are you sure it is not in the basement?

Not sure if it worked but I'm going to sign off.

Ok no problem!