Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm moving my washing machine and want to know about

Customer Question
Hi there, I'm moving...

Hi there, I'm moving my washing machine and want to know about securing the drum. I'm wondering though if it might be easier to talk to someone on the phone while I'm actually at the machine. What do you think please?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Bosch Classixx front loader and I've had it not quite 6.5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes trying to. I'm 69 and on my own, so hope I can manage it!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Travis and I will be the one to assist you.

Step 1

Stop using your machine machine a few days prior to moving. Leave the door of the machine open and allow it to dry as much as possible.

Step 2

Unplug your washing machine and detach the water supply and drainage lines from the rear of the machine using your wrench.

Step 3

Move the back of your washing machine away from the wall so you can clearly see and easily reach the back panel. Locate the four holes, one at each corner, on the back panel of the machine. The holes may or may not be marked "Shipping Bolts."

Step 4

Insert one shipping bolt into each hole and fasten them into place using your wrench or screwdriver. The bolts came with your machine and were removed from these four holes upon installation. With the bolts tightened, your washing machine drum is secure and ready to move.

Step 5

Tilt your top-loading washing machine over at an angle to allow any standing water to flow out of the drainage opening. Place a towel over your water supply hose ending and hold it in place with a rubber band. Lay the covered end of the hose inside the washing machine drum.