Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool clothes machine was in the working cycle when…

My whirlpool clothes machine...

My whirlpool clothes machine was in the working cycle when it stopped, it looks normal, lights up but the motor is silenced.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Was bought in 2011, model # wfw9150ww02 serial # hl12557534

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am going to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's about it

11/22/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

There is still water in the machine, it did not drain completely.

ok are you able to put it on the drain spin cycle?

this extra free of 24 would be added to the 28 for a total of 52?
I did a reset a few times and played with the bottons too and no luck.

I ​am sorry if the site is automatically offering the phone call it is not from me an I am not available for a phone call at the moment.

ok ​now about putting the unit on the drain spin cycle does that not do anything?

I turned the knob to different positions

a​nd nothing

Is it possible for me get the repair manual maybe?
Mr. Travis are u still checking for the original problem?
I will be checking your response tomorrow morning, thanks

it sounds like your main control board has went bad and is going to need to be replaced. Here is the manual you are asking for.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a50803ca266/Job%20Aid%20-%208178686%20(ML-8).pdf​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Mr. Travis, do you have an average price on the control board?
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Travis, I ordered the part, and should be received by 12/01.If this resolves the problem, I will rate you again with a 5 star.
Travis, I replaced the control board, but I am still getting the same condition, maybe it is not the correct part.
Please let me know, the washer lights come on but nothing happens and there is no sound at all.

It is the correct board but that doesn't make since so still no motor sounds? Do you have a multimeter we can test the motor itself with? That is the only other option is that the motor itself has failed as well.

Travis now you say is the motor, that means the control board is not really the bad part.
I have a multimeter how do I test the motor?

I can assure you that its not something done on purpose. Everything you said led up to the control board being the issue. I still believe it was part of it but yes one moment while I get you a video.

this is the part. Now most of these models come with a 10 yr warranty on the drive motor say whirlpool may be willing to pay for the motor possibly if its bad.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/WPW10315848/1937722?modelNumber=WFW9150WW02​

I​ts always worth a shot there phone number is

+1(###) ###-####/p>