Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a top loading high efficiency washer. when I plug it…

Customer Question
I have a top...

I have a top loading high efficiency washer. when I plug it in the sensing light automatically begins to blink. It won't let me put the washer into diagnostic mode. how should I proceed? Mick

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Kenmore top loader with these numbers on the back w10420986. According to the former owner it is less than a year old. the manual is missing from insiee. I presume he found it . it was supposedly running hours before I picked it up. It is quite clean inside and out.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing else I know of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 9 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Just press and hold the START button for 5 secs and it all should work fine again.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.