Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a front load washer and while it was running

We have a front...

We have a front load washer and while it was running evidently the sewer pump quit, now it beeps and we can not get it to finish spinning out so we can finish the load that was in the washer at the time.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Duet Tumblefresh 4.0 cu ft - probably about 8 or so years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hoped there was a reset or something without having to do anything. Otherwise will either have to hire someone or get one of our boys to work on it Thanksgiving.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a reset or something that would let it spin out after it evidently got messed up when the sewer pump quit.

11/22/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the model number of the unit and does the pump run?

You need to get the door open for the model, I would suspect it is not pumping out and the pump filter is blocked. Is there a separate panel on the bottom front of the unit that you can take off? Or upload a picture of the unit so I can see it and I will know.

Here is a video on changing the pump, you need to get to it and unscrew the large filter cap to see if it is all clogged up from the sewer backup issue. If it is the unit will not pump out. That is the most likely issue. If you have to wait for help that is not a bad idea, also tip the unit up against the wall about 45 degrees it will make this a lot easier to do. SEE LINK BELOW...and All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician