Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a double gas oven from dacor. we used the self

cleaning cycles and now the...
we have a double gas oven from dacor. we used the self cleaning cycles and now the heating elements are not working. we removed the panel and attempted to reset the high heat switch (red button). Its in such an odd location to depress and we dont hear any click. What is next ?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: never done this before and we dont have the manual. model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I removed the panel and attempted to depress the red buttons on each side. but cannot tell if they need to click (like reseting a fuse)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. panic time its thanksgiving and no oven !!
11/22/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Are you sure you pressed it hard enough and secondly, shut the power off to the oven and remove the two wires to that thermostat and interlock them together, tape them so they can not touch ground and turn the power back on. See if it heats then. If so you have a bad thermostat and need to change it. If not check the power to the unit and make sure you have 240 volts to it and nothing is burned up where the wiring connects to it. Let me know what happens.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
OK I am waiting

Are you sure you pressed it hard enough and secondly if you did , shut the power off to the oven and remove the two wires to that thermostat and interlock them together, tape them so they can not touch ground and turn the power back on. See if it heats then. If so you have a bad thermostat and need to change it. If not check the power to the unit and make sure you have 240 volts to it and nothing is burned up where the wiring connects to it. Let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
We have power and I’ve pressed it as hard as possible

OK then shut the power off and bypass the thermostat. Can you do that?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
We will call a technician Wednesday no other choice

OK no problem there is a good chance the thermostat is burned out or the main relay board may have a burned solder joint on it as logn as you have full power to the unit. Sorry you could not get it fixed.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician