Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker is not working in my Samsung refrigerator,

Customer Question
My ice maker is...

My ice maker is not working in my Samsung refrigerator

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sorry, I had to go get it and the phone rang.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The model RF22K9381SRAA Yes, What do I have to do? Apparently the ice is just stuck. How do I unstick the ice or open the little container?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is about a year old and I paid about 3,000 for it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you remove the icemaker from the unit and defrost it and put it back in? or pus the test button on the top right side and see if it turns?

The icemaker is on the left of the refrigerator. I cannot open the unit. How do I open the unit? It is stuck...What button are you talking about? How do I open the little box that says "Ice master" inside the refrigerator...
I don't want to pay $24.to call you. Is there some way I can open the little white container that has the ice????

Yes you should just be able to release the lock and slide it out?