Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore laundry center, model number 417 61723510.

I have a Kenmore laundry...
I have a Kenmore laundry center, model number 417 61723510 . It beeps three times when you push the start button but won't start.
11/22/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That eans the door is not shut or the door latch is bad, can you check the door latch to see if it is working right?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Not really,it is a top load,it does not click like normal,but not sure that's it

Does it beep the same with the lid open or closed?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Slow beeps with it open, short beeps with it closed
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Three longer slow beeps with the lid up, three shorter beeps with the lid closed.

Do you see the two screws on the upper corners of the panel between the dryer and washer?

Remove those and slide the middle panel up and take it off can you do that and see if the tech sheet is there?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Working on it
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It is. Says Electrolux tech sheet
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Not sure of what I am supposed to do with that
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Tried to do the reset,but it won't do the long beep

Does it show the 3 beep being an error or can you put it in diagnostic to get the last stored error code?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No digital on this just push knobs.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Can't get it to go into diagnostic mode, but I may be doing it wrong

For some reason the tech site does not have the tech sheet for yours can you upload a pic of it? If you could I could read it and see if you are doing something wrong.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Got it to do the beep,clicked to the bedding setting to test lid and got three long beeps

OK what error does it match up with?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No idea
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It just beeps

Does it have an error code list on there or an error code mode in diagnostics?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I guess this was a wasted $28. Will call for a repair person. Can't say this was very helpful

You can get a full refund, I am not there with the machine and with the diagnostic sheet if you can not get it in the error mode I am thinking it is a bad main control board. Do not worry I was not paid anything for time spent with you.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I got into the diagnostic mode, but it just beeps, it's not like I have a screen to read. There is a code list in the booklet ,but with no code I can see it is useless to me. I tested each of the positions, they beeped one to three times,to me that does not say anything. .I'm not blaming you, it's hard to do your job with no paper to look at.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
The end code did three beeps then two any idea what that ment

Yeah I just do not have the sheet....let me see if I can find one.

I found one....ok I got the error code sheet, once you got it in diagnostic what was the beep sequence?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Three then two
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I have to go, I get up very early.

Ok if it is three then two this is the error, you would have to check the water supply to the unit, but it sounds like a bad pressure sensor causing the code since you get it right away. If you want to continue tomorrow just post back.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician